Steven is real life testament that you’re never too old to not only start martial arts, but compete on the national and international stage. Steven didn’t make his first tentative steps into Brazilian JiuJitsu until he was 40, yet he has gone on to state, national, Pan Pacific and international championship honours and was ICC’s first BJJ World Champion!
All this while being a dedicated family man with a successful corporate career. Steven proves that if you find the right balance between family, work, training, competitions and teaching, the sky really is the limit. We’re very proud to have Steven on our training team as a true example of the values ICC lives by.
Steven’s Martial Arts Achievements:
• NSW State Championship – Gold 2011, 2013, 2014
• Australian Championship – Gold 2013, Double Silver 2014
• Pan Pacific Championship – Bronze 2011, Double Gold 2013 & 2014
• Asian Open – Silver 2015, 2017
• World Masters Championship – Gold 2016, 2017